June 28, 2007

Tag and Release

Along with several other local bloggers, I have been tagged by Paula the Queen of the Surf Pirates (Who shall hereinafter be reffered to as The B**** who Tagged Me or TBwTM). I don't know how such a nice dog has such a mean mom. Sorry Sammy!
I plan to fulfill at least part of the obligation. I will reveal 8 things about me that people probably don't know (and won't really care about much either). I will also tag a few people though I may not make it all the way to the required number.
Here we go:
1. Before I moved to the Outer Banks I ran a record and stereo store in Steubenville Oh.
2. If you played all the music in my Itunes library back to back it would take 35.3 days. That does not include the 3000 vinyl LPs in my collection but it does include many of the over 500 CD's that I own. (I like music... a lot)
3. Sonny Terry once road in the front seat of my car and I bought him a hot dog.
4. I enjoy Afro-Cuban music, Bruce Springsteen, Woody Guthrie, many singer-songwriters (current faves include Gretchen Peters and Guy Clark), alternative country, Broadway show tunes and most styles of blues.
5. I spent a summer working as an intern at the public radio station in Philadelphia. I also worked for several years as an announcer and program director for WOBR 95.3 (now known as the ROCK)
6. I won my first election in Nags Head by 3 votes. I won in part because one of the losing candidates (one of the favorites) chose not to stand at the polls all day and meet voters.
7. There is one person who worked for my election on all 5 of my Nags Head campaigns. Hu (the non-gender specific pronoun) encouraged me from the start and is one of the smartest people I know (not only because they thought I might be a good elected official but because they are really smart!)
8. I once proposed the Town pass an ordinance outlawing rudeness in Nags Head. It is one of very few things that I regret not getting done while I was an elected official.

People that I tag:
The guy at the Bhuddist thought for the Day
The people at Quote for the Day
All my old college roommates.
The person at the current moon phase web site.
The Rev. Sun Myung Moon
Mayor Renee Cahoon
and finally the late Golda Meir


These are all interesting people I will be curious to see what we find out about them.
Ciao for now and as for TBwTM lets just say 'til we meet again [grin].

5 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

Sorry Bob...

but do I think Ibrahim Ferrer rocked...

Thanks for playing along

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

and oh yeah I'm also a big fan of Lyle Lovet and KD Lang so can you forgive me for tagging you?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Ronnie Roach said...

A blues man??? I would have never guessed. You have quite a diverse background. Learning to play the blues harp has been on my list of to-do items.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger BOBXNC said...

@ Paula, Its OK. I'm sure you'll find some way to make it up to me. I enjoy both Lyle and especially K D Lang. Ry Cooder did the world an enormous favor when he went to Cuba.
@Ronnie. I actually hosted a blues show on my college radio station for 4 years and consider myself an aficionado. I don't play or sing but I do listen a lot.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Russ said...

The b***h who tagged me! I haven't quit giggling for 30 minutes! What a steel-trap mind!

And, I love Lyle Lovett also, not so much KD. Maybe we need to start a Lyle fan club for the OBX!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home